Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution is related to storing and/or sharing particular content on a web server run by a hosting vendor. There are different categories of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a look at these. In this way, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to create a web site, email aliases, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by certain firms, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans are often supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific interval of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inappropriate interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would split the load between individual packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different site hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some distributors provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting kind is suitable if you want to share an enormous quantity of images with pals or acquaintances since the service is typically free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to managing your mail accounts. Some distributors offer web hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to utilize as many videos as you want without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to possess a site. To some extent, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and email address accounts, upload video files, etc. At adroit Web Host, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for particular content exclusively.